Batture LLC is looking for an experienced and reliable Survey Technician to perform land surveying duties in the field and office for a small land surveying firm in New Orleans. Batture works throughout the Greater New Orleans area and the surrounding Parishes on projects in residential and commercial land development, providing a full range of surveying services for our clients, from property boundary surveys to geodetic control surveys. An ideal candidate will be a hard worker with a professional attitude on the job site and in the office. The job will be approximately 90% field work and 10% office work, but we expect office portion to increase over time as the employee gains professional-level experience.
- Assist with running a one-man or two-man survey crew while performing boundary, topographic and construction surveys.
- Operate a robotic total-station, GNSS receivers, data collectors, and other related survey equipment.
- Process data from field surveys.
- Draft topographic and boundary surveys.
- Complete Elevation and benchmark certificates.
- College courses completed in land surveying or a related field.
- Recent work experience of a least one year doing land surveying fieldwork, especially property boundary location.
- Working knowledge of survey instruments.
- Experience using Data Collection Software with a Robotic Total Station and GNSS Receivers
- Knowledge of data collectors, total stations, and GPS receivers.
- Software comprehension of AutoCAD, Civil3D and general computer skills and/or experience working in the office for a land surveying firm utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete moderate physical activity such as driving stakes with a hammer, carrying equipment, and walking varying distances
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with project team members in a high-energy working environment that encourages self-initiative.
- Acceptable driving record and a current, valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Coastal Restoration
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Tax Return Preparation
- Paid Pro-Bono Hours
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Hybrid Work Model
- Amazing co-workers
- Negotiated based on experience.
Interested in speaking with us?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org