Must possess the ability to work independently and lead a team on various engineering projects relating to (but not limited to) roadway and drainage design, construction plan development, specifications, and construction administration; basic utility design (i.e. water and sewer), grading and drainage design, and stormwater management design. Projects and tasks will involve the use of various engineering software programs, project management software and Microsoft Office applications.
Experience with green infrastructure design and stormwater modeling in SWMM a plus
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Project Execution, Project Monitoring and Project Control
• Plan, design, and implement private and municipal projects such as roadway design and improvements and property development.
• Generate complete construction plans and specifications.
• Manage projects and coordinate with the Engineering, Survey and Structural Departments and drafters as needed for project completion
• Track project financials and create and send invoices.
• Manage subconsultants as needed.
• Coordinate with clients on all aspects of project execution.
• Analyze engineering data and prepare calculations, drawings, reports, field observations, and required applications to regulatory agencies.
• Will be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects as well as being the responsible in charge for the work of others.
• Provide review and oversight of construction plans and specifications.
• Provide technical support to coach and develop junior level engineers and other staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 5-10 years of professional experience
• PE licensure in Louisiana
• Past experience serving as responsible in charge of roadway and drainage plans.
• Must have experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D