Must possess the ability to work independently on mid-scale commercial structural design engineering projects such as multi-family residential structures, senior living, offices, tenant build outs and historic renovations using a range of structural framing materials (steel, concrete, masonry, and wood). Projects and tasks will involve the use of various engineering software programs (RISA, ENERCALC), project management software and Microsoft Office applications.
*Experience with historic renovations and Revit drafting experience is a plus*
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of a structural project design from schematic phase through construction documents and including construction observation.
- Be able to complete a total gravity and lateral building design independently.
- Accountable for complete construction plans and specifications.
- Produce construction drawings solely or with assistance of junior level engineer.
- Coordination with Architect and General Contractor throughout project from pre-construction effort to project completion. This will include email correspondence, documentation of coordination, and meetings.
- Construction administration oversight including submittal review, RFI response, and field observations.
- Serve as an internal Project Manager for multi-disciplinary projects, coordinating with our Survey and Civil departments as needed.
- Track project financials and create and send invoices.
- Project sizes will range from residential to multi-story new construction projects.
- Applicant must be willing to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
Provide technical support to coach and develop entry level engineers and other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural Engineering
- 5 years of professional experience in commercial building construction
- PE licensure is not required, but applicant must be on track to earning PE licensure
- Must have experience in AutoCAD or Revit. Revit experience is preferred and will be the standard drafting method for this position
- A portfolio of design projects should be submitted along with description of design efforts that were fully completed by the applicant
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the forms below.