We are seeking an entry-level landscape designer interested in joining our interdisciplinary team of landscape architects, engineers, and land surveyors. Candidates with an interest in working on collaborative projects that focus on green infrastructure and sustainability are encouraged. Additionally, qualified candidates may have up to 3 years of experience, although no professional practice is required.
- Perform design and technical tasks on a wide range of projects of varying scale, complexity, and typology
- Work as a part of a team to complete projects from start to finish
- Contribute to project success through coordination both internally and with other consultants externally
- Provide creative problem-solving solutions and perform diligence completion of tasks
- Support with preparation of planning and/or design documents, construction plans, and specifications
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure work is well collaborated across disciplines
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural Engineering
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program or related field (ie: Urban planning, Sustainable Real Estate Development, Ecology, etc.)
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Basic understanding of technical design principles (ability to read and interpret drawings, site grading and basic construction knowledge)
- Proficient in design and engineering software including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3d, 3-d Modeling Software (3d Studio Max, Rhino, Sketchup), and ESRI ArcGIS
- Excellent design and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated team player with attention to detail, and willingness to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds
Batture is dedicated to the idea that a highly inspired team can deliver outstanding results while also creating powerful social and environmental change. During every one of our engineering projects, we are energized by this unique purpose.
Since opening in 2014 have staffed our firm to be the unrivalled local leader in green infrastructure and resiliency projects in the New Orleans Metro Area. Our civil work is centered around infrastructure and development, with projects ranging from historic renovations to large neighborhood-wide green infrastructure projects. Our structural design projects range from historic renovations on Canal Street and the French Quarter to new mid-rise construction in the CBD to the design of recreational park infrastructure. We have a relationship with many of our city’s architecture firms and we enjoy using our expertise to further historic preservation and to be a part of design teams that are bringing innovative and sustainable projects to completion.
Batture is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constraints, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter and/or application email.
Portfolio should contain roughly 8-10 pages of work samples. Please limit file size to 15 MB.
To apply, please submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the forms below.