Batture is currently looking for self‐motivated, inspired, and team‐oriented interns to join our
New Orleans office. Our interns are fully integrated into our project teams and assist in all aspects of work – from research to design, to drafting, to rendering. Depending on the scale and stage of the project, interns may also attend meetings, make site visits, or participate in work in other disciplines outside of landscape architecture.
While internships are temporary positions typically ranging from 5-6 months in duration, there is potential for permanent employment beyond the internship period.
Duration: July 2022 – December 2022
- Assist in completion of landscape design projects across multiple scales and project typologies
- Complete tasks and follow instruction provided by supervisor
- Assist in drafting of the layout of projects in collaboration with Landscape Architect
- Assist in preparing Landscape Architecture project plan sets utilizing the requisite software
- Prepare drainage, and hydrology calculations to assist in designing green infrastructure
- Work closely with the Landscape Architect, Civil Engineer, Engineer Intern, Project Manager, support staff, and other team members to produce construction drawings
- Make corrections to plans following redlines provided
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model, and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional
- Creation of 3D visualizations utilizing various modeling software
- Design and detailing in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
- Working towards or recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field (ie: Urban planning, Sustainable Real Estate Development, Ecology, etc.)
- Proficient in design and engineering software including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3d, 3-d Modeling Software (3d Studio Max, Rhino, Sketchup), and ESRI ArcGIS
- Excellent design and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated team player with attention to detail, and willingness to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds
Batture is dedicated to the idea that a highly inspired team can deliver outstanding results while also creating powerful social and environmental change. During every one of our engineering projects, we are energized by this unique purpose.
Since opening in 2014 have staffed our firm to be the unrivalled local leader in green infrastructure and resiliency projects in the New Orleans Metro Area. Our civil work is centered around infrastructure and development, with projects ranging from historic renovations to large neighborhood-wide green infrastructure projects. Our structural design projects range from historic renovations on Canal Street and the French Quarter to new mid-rise construction in the CBD to the design of recreational park infrastructure. We have a relationship with many of our city’s architecture firms and we enjoy using our expertise to further historic preservation and to be a part of design teams that are bringing innovative and sustainable projects to completion.
Batture is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constraints, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter and/or application email.
Portfolio should contain roughly 8-10 pages of work samples. Please limit file size to 15 MB.
To apply, please submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the forms below.
The application deadline for this position is July 10th, 2022.