We are seeking a mid-level landscape designer with 3 to 5 years of experience working on commercial, institutional, and public projects. Candidates with experience working on projects focused on green infrastructure and sustainable approaches to water management are highly encouraged to apply. Professional licensure within the field of landscape architecture is not required, but desirable.
- Provide design and project management expertise for landscape design projects of varying typology and scale including planning efforts, public parks, private/commercial developments, institutional and infrastructure projects, and high-end residential designs.
- Support other project managers within the company with preparation of planning and/or design documents
- Participate in the production of construction documents, plans, and specifications.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure work is well collaborated across disciplines.
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals.
- Prepare drainage, and hydrology calculations to assist in designing green infrastructure
- May be responsible for the review and stamping of own projects, as well as accountable for reviewing and directing the work of others at the company.
- Provide technical support to coach and develop entry-level designers and other staff.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program or related field (ie: Urban planning, Sustainable Real Estate Development, Ecology, etc.)
- 3-5 years of work experience
- A professional license to practice landscape architecture (preferred)
- Strong skills in planning and urban design, site design, and familiarity with construction administration
- Basic understanding of project management and with interest to expand abilities and knowledge as a manager
- Experience producing drawings and specifications from the schematic design through construction administration
- Excel in the use of design and engineering software including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3d, 3-d Modeling Software (3d Studio Max, Rhino, Sketchup), and ESRI ArcGIS
- Excellent design and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated team player with attention to detail, and willingness to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds
Batture is dedicated to the idea that a highly inspired team can deliver outstanding results while also creating powerful social and environmental change. During every one of our engineering projects, we are energized by this unique purpose.
Since opening in 2014 have staffed our firm to be the unrivalled local leader in green infrastructure and resiliency projects in the New Orleans Metro Area. Our civil work is centered around infrastructure and development, with projects ranging from historic renovations to large neighborhood-wide green infrastructure projects. Our structural design projects range from historic renovations on Canal Street and the French Quarter to new mid-rise construction in the CBD to the design of recreational park infrastructure. We have a relationship with many of our city’s architecture firms and we enjoy using our expertise to further historic preservation and to be a part of design teams that are bringing innovative and sustainable projects to completion.
Batture is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constraints, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter and/or application email.
Portfolio should contain roughly 8-10 pages of work samples. Please limit file size to 15 MB.
To apply, please submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.